Cellulose Fiber Insulation
Cellulose Fiber Insulation – A Smart Choice
Cellulose Fiber Insulation is composed of 85% recycled newspaper. The remaining 15% is composed of non-toxic borate compounds which resists fire, insects and mould. Cellulose earns “green points” due to the fact that it requires less energy than fiberglass to manufacturer. Cellulose also helps to reduce energy consumption and promotes environmental responsibility.
Blown Cellulose can be installed in new or existing structures. It is popular in retrofit applications because existing wall finishes are not removed to install the insulation and it can also be pumped into walls. It is favoured in attic applications because you can blow unrestricted depths of fibre to achieve deep coverage more easily.
Blown Cellulose coats within cavities where traditional forms of insulation often miss. Corners, crevices, irregular angles and cramped spaces do not pose a problem for the application of this product because the materials are designed to shape to the surfaces to which they are applied. The end result is that cellulose insulation provides greater resistance to air leakage.
Watch video: Installation of Cellulose Insulation (YouTube)
Watch video: Igloo 360HD Cavity Fill System (YouTube)
Watch video: Fire Resistance of Cellulose Insulation (YouTube)
Benefits of Cellulose Insulation
- Cellulose insulates better! It not only offers more heat transfer resistance per square inch than other fibre insulation materials, it also seals the structure against air infiltration better than other fibre installations.
- Studies of actual buildings regularly show that cellulose-insulated buildings may use 20% to 40% less energy than buildings with fiberglass, even if the R-value of the insulation is identical. One reason for this is the capacity of cellulose to stop air infiltration.
- Fills walls and stops air infiltration better than fiberglass.
- High “R” values
- Highest savings – Lowest Costs
- Cellulose makes homes safer by slowing down the spread of fire
- Cellulose insulation is subject to strict flammability and corrosiveness standards
- Cellulose has the highest standards of any insulation material
- Non-toxic borate compounds resists fire, insects and mould
- Fire resistant
- Rodent retardant
- Excellent soundproofing qualities
- Reduces energy consumption
- Efficient and environmentally friendly
- Cellulose makes efficient use of natural resources
* Call INSO-TEC Inc. today to arrange your Free Onsite Estimate!
Please leave a message if calling after regular business hours using the Office number.
• Office: (819) 647-5022
• Cell: (613) 880-3988